There are various marketing techniques and terms that are thrown around regularly, but which many people don’t really understand. One of these is guest posting, or the process of paying to have an article published on someone else’s website.
But this seems illogical, right? Why would you pay to have articles added to someone else’s site when you could simply publish them yourself?
Well, this comes back to something called backlink building, which is a crucial part of off-page search engine optimization (SEO). In this article, we’re going to look at the subject in more depth, explaining why guest posting is useful and why you should probably consider using it.
What Is Guest Posting?
As we’ve already explained, guest posting is the process of creating content and having it published on someone else’s website. In many cases, you will need to pay for this, but this isn’t always the case.
Now, guest posting is purely designed to help drive more traffic to your website. By adding links back to your site within your post, you can instantly gain more exposure and higher traffic levels.
In addition, backlink building is a great way to improve your SEO score. And as you may know, a good SEO score is crucial if you want to achieve a decent search engine ranking for relevant keywords.
What Are the Benefits of Guest Posting?
There are numerous benefits associated with guest posting, including:
- Guest posting can improve traffic to your site by driving interest from the website you posted to. This is especially true if you manage to get a link from a site with high domain authority.
- Guest posting can increase your brand reputation, especially if you end up published on a high-authority site.
- Guest posting will help build backlinks, which are crucial for SEO purposes and will help you improve your search engine ranking.
- Guest posting can help generate relevant leads by driving interested traffic to your website.
The above certainly isn’t an exhaustive list, but there’s one thing you should take away here – guest posting is always a good idea, particularly when you’re posting to a high-authority site.
Our Top Tips for Guest Posting
Before you attempt to create guest posts, it’s a good idea to sit down and develop a plan of attack. The following tips will help you get started:
- Ensure you set clear, achievable goals that you can use to drive your guest posting efforts.
- Create a list of potential topics to write about. Make sure these are relevant to your brand and that they will enable you to add natural backlinks.
- Find relevant websites to reach out to that may be okay with guest posting.
- Figure out how to make a relevant, attractive pitch to prospective sites that you would like to publish your posts on.
- Ensure you have a well-written, clear bio attached to your posts to help build brand authority and to drive interest in you and your own website.
At the end of the day, guest posting can be a very profitable endeavour. However, it’s not something to jump into if you don’t understand it, and you need to ensure that you have a clear strategy to help you get started. Spend some time putting this together, reach out to prospective websites, and get writing your first guest post.